Data Engineer--Sugar Land
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Data Engineer is responsible for developing and managing the
data's ETL processing, with a focus on quality and risk, to assist
in the achievement of analytics objectives. The Data Engineer will
work collaboratively with functional, technical and program staff
to communicate findings and inform decision making through
dashboards, data visualizations, interactive charts, graphs and
other tools to target audiences in a clear way.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build robust, fault-tolerant data pipelines that clean,
transform and aggregate unorganized and messy data into databases
or data sources.
- Compile and install database systems, write complex queries and
scale to multiple machines.
- Process large multivariate data sets collected from equipment
operations, manufacturing tests and diagnostic routines.
- Lay the groundwork for Digital Operations colleagues to easily
retrieve the needed data for their evaluations and
- Provide input to the business strategy to help guide the
overall direction of data management and data quality within the
- Collaborate with different departments, technical SMEs, and
testers to solve problems and convey key messages using data
visualization approaches, techniques, and methods.
- Identify programmatic challenges and leading indicators to
present the problems as well as solutions visually.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming
data for Business Intelligence.
- Provide technical solutions using Process Automation Tools,
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Communicate ideas, plans and results effectively via oral
reports and written documentation.
- Generate innovative ideas, establish new research directions,
and shape and execute on technical projects.
- Maintain state-of-the-art knowledge and contribute to technical
discussions and reviews as an expert in related areas of
- Participate in the areas of data science, industrial analytics,
data-driven prognostics, data mining and machine learning.
- Apply experience with machine learning algorithms and
population-based meta-heuristic optimization methods
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science and 3-5 years of experience.
- Candidate should be used to digitalization of business
processes, business analysis skills.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US,
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics
protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral
Protected Veterans requested.
Keywords: Schlumberger, Sugar Land , Data Engineer--Sugar Land, Engineering , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!