LEAD ENGINEER- ADVANCED SOLUTIONS
Company: Yokogawa Electric Corporation
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: November 23, 2021
OpportunityDetail.CompanyInformation.Locations PRIMARY TASKS:
- Works effectively in both an individual and team environment.
May work on multiple, simultaneous Advanced Application
- May support small Advanced Application projects or a clearly
defined subset (e.g., HMI, Control Applications, Process Control,
Simulation or Subsystems) of a large project.
- Proficiently designs, implements and tests a wide range of
basic control functions, interlocks, sequences,
operator--interface, and other control components on Yokogawa DCS
systems (CS3000,Centum VP) and Yokogawa's Advanced
- Compiles and maintains Yokogawa Advanced application project
databases, configuration data, or other project--information.
- Validates Advanced Application project documents according to
formats specified in standard templates.
- Validates simulations, test scenarios, test documentation, and
participates in customer Model Acceptance tests, Factory Acceptance
- Compiles data and prepares reports for various activities such
as customer proposals, FEED studies,
Benefit--estimation/evaluation, project design documents, and test
- Demonstrates proficiency with developing the complex control
schemes, Model based control, Advanced Process control engineering
builder functions, Dynamic simulation and operator interface
features of two or more types of vendors after getting trained with
the applications. Basic knowledge in Yokogawa's advanced
application packages is preferred.
- Actively participates in project meetings, site visits and/or
startups. Is able to troubleshoot control and integration problems,
conduct operator training, and tune basic flow control loops.
- Maintain familiarity with and adherence to Yokogawa procedures
(ISO, GES, Safety, etc.) and project work methodologies for all
engineering activities. SECONDARY TASKS:
- Keeps Lead Engineer, Project Manager and Engineering Manager
informed of project status and elevates situations requiring
decisions, changes, or management intervention.
- Demonstrate firm and increasing understanding of both basic and
advanced industrial automation concepts and technologies.
- Apply industry standards and practices (e.g., ISA standards)
relevant to industrial automation design.
- Understand the hardware architecture of one or more Yokogawa
- Exhibits increasing capability to design and build control
functions on Yokogawa DCS in at least one area of
advanced--specialization (ERP Interface, APC, OTS, OPC, PIMS).
- Participates in Proposal support activities.
- Participates in in-house and external training and learning
activities as directed by the Engineering Manager.
Prepares--materials and conducts training sessions.
- Serves as a personal example of frugal and efficient time
management, and reports time promptly and accurately as--required
by company policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices.
- Travels 10% to 40% of the time. DIMENSION
- Applies advanced analytical and problem solving. Understands
the potential effect of decisions.
- Advanced understanding of relevant and technologically advanced
business systems and technical tools related to field and
discipline. Able to assist others and troubleshoot issues with
systems and tools.
- Working under minimal supervision, able to plan own work and
work of others, and is able to accomplish varied and--complex tasks
with the ability to discover issues.
- Communicate ideas and concepts, persuading and influencing
through participation in the preparation and delivery of proposals,
presentations and reports - both oral and written expression.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and/or
coaching, and respond appropriately. Ability to lead small work
- Ensures cooperation and interaction across diverse
stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization, often
managing familiar and less challenging and/or critical projects.
SPECIFICATIONS: Education & Experience: BS degree in Engineering
(preferable Chemical Engineering) or other relevant disciplines and
12 or more years of experience with basic knowledge in Oil and Gas
industry/Chemical industry/Power plant or MS degree in Engineering
(preferable Chemical Engineering) or other relevant disciplines.
Work credit may be credited for a PhD. Qualifications: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to work
independently on assignments involving more varied and complex
issues. This level position is expected to be able to solve AND
make modifications to tasks/project as needed in order to
accomplish goals within budget and on time. Additionally, this
position may have team responsibilities. It is necessary for
someone in this role to be able to complete the work and
effectively transfer what they know to other employees or clients.
--Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job the
employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, high
precarious places, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic
chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather
conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
The noise level in the environment is reasonable. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Physical Demand: While
performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is required to talk,
hear, and reach with hands and arms to finger, handle, or feel. The
employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The
vision requirements include depth perception, ability to adjust
focus, close vision, and color vision. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Keywords: Yokogawa Electric Corporation, Sugar Land , LEAD ENGINEER- ADVANCED SOLUTIONS, Engineering , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!