Principal Chemical Engineer/ Chemist - Upstream ES
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a
Principal Chemical Engineer/Chemist with background skills in the
area of chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery (cEOR). This is an
opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive
base salary and benefits.
As Principal Chemical Engineer/Chemist, you will carry out
state-of-the-art research and technical support for assigned
chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery projects to deliver unique and
innovative solutions to customer needs. The successful candidate
will demonstrate project management skills and full use and
application of principles, theories and concepts to assignments
where precedents may exist plus working knowledge of related
disciplines. In addition, the scientist must flourish as part of a
multidisciplinary team and be comfortable with the prospect of
customer-facing meetings and presentations.
Whats in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the worlds most meaningful
challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food,
abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a
company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to
include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to
achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a
safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most
ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment-
medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock
purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Provide laboratory support for chemical Enhanced Oil Recovery
(cEOR) projects including R&D and customer-facing projects,
using existing or novel scientific methods.
- Manage assigned projects and monitor progress to ensure targets
are met, while liaising with internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with divisional research scientists, technical
teams, marketers and other business leaders on new development
projects and platforms that meet strategic business needs.
- Support projects involving polymers, polymer gels, colloidal
dispersion gels and alkaline/surfactant/polymer systems.
- Conduct core flooding, sand packs, slim tube tests, among other
techniques, for different cEOR technologies.
- Split your time between R&D projects, technical support
projects, and customer interaction. It is expected that this
position will spend -50% of your time in the lab.
- Analyze and interpret experimental data and communicate results
clearly to peers and project teams in written reports and oral
- Maintain high safety standards.
- Develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular
use of initiative and creativity to try new and different
- Degree or advanced degree in chemical/petroleum/mechanical
engineering, chemistry or related discipline.
- Degree/Experience: PhD and 2+ years (Preferred) (However,
recent PhD grads will be considered) OR MS and 3+ years, OR BS and
- Prior polymer EOR experience in academic or industry
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Detail-orientated with excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team
environment and maintain a professional and positive attitude
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix problems that arise with
equipment in the lab
- Deep understanding of flow through porous media
About Nalco Champion:
Discover how Nalco Champion helps fuel 550 million vehicles
globally. Ecolabs Energy Services business, Nalco Champion,
provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for
upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking
to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs
and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and
innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help
energy customers overcome complex challenges in the worlds toughest
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and
we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can
grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal
treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote,
transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of
individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters
affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions,
and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against
any associate or applicant for employment because of race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic
information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our
goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered
veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a
place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City
of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: Ecolab, Sugar Land , Principal Chemical Engineer/ Chemist - Upstream ES, Engineering , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!