Global Payroll Manager
Company: Noble Corporation
Location: Sugar Land
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Manage the global payroll function and payroll team. Ensure the
timely and accurate processing of employee payroll in compliance
with internal audit controls, Sarbanes-Oxley and other payroll and
tax related legislation.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related discipline
- 10+ years of payroll experience
- 3+ years of lead/manager payroll experience
- 2+ years Workday Payroll experience required
- 3+ years International payroll experience required
- CPP Certification preferredESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manages the global payroll function
- Manage staffing, selection, training, development and
performance management of the payroll team and coordinate their
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of weekly and
semi-monthly domestic operations payrolls, semi-monthly corporate
payroll, monthly international payroll, and external payrolls.
- Ensure compliance with internal audit controls, SOX controls,
and payroll and tax-related legislation. Ensure proper controls and
audit processes are in place to mitigate risks within the
- Ensure Workday knowledge and collaborate with the HRIS team to
continually identify requirements for Workday upgrades and system
- Prepare and update payroll policies.
- Critically review and analyze payroll procedures in order to
implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Review and approve all payroll payments prior to bank
processing and disbursement. Monitor payroll activity for
- Oversee the processing of On Demand checks, voids, stop
payments and direct deposit reversals.
- Assist in tax reconciliations, tax filings, year-end
activities, and W-2 processes.
- Prepare and distribute annual income letters for foreign
- Partner with the Reward department to review payroll taxes for
stock exercises in accordance with federal law pertaining to
supplemental wage payments and process option exercises in the
- Assist in creating reports as required by internal and external
auditors, departments (Treasury, Accounting, Risk & Claims, etc.),
banks, and tax filing services.
- Assist in maintaining the General Ledger structure in the HRIS
database, with guidance from Corporate Accounting.
- Ensure payroll team provides support to employees with
payroll-related questions, respond to queries from garnishment and
unemployment agencies, and provide employment verifications.
- Maintain payroll records in compliance with Federal guidelines
and Company policy.
- Guide and seek out relevant development opportunities for
- Other duties as assigned by management.SUPERVISORYDirect:
Payroll Analysts About Us About Noble Corporation Noble is a
leading offshore drilling contractor for the oil and gas industry.
The Company owns and operates one of the most modern, versatile and
technically advanced fleets in the offshore drilling industry.
Noble performs, through its subsidiaries, contract drilling
services with a fleet of 28 offshore drilling units, consisting of
14 drillships and semisubmersibles and 14 jackups, focused largely
on ultra-deepwater and high-specification jackup drilling
opportunities in both established and emerging regions worldwide.
Attention: Noble Drilling does not accept unsolicited resumes from
third party recruitment agencies, either submitted through this
website or directly to Noble Drilling employees.Noble is an equal
employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on
an applicant's or employee's race, color, sex, religion, national
origin, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability of
an otherwise qualified individual, genetic information, membership
or application for membership in a uniformed service, engaging in
legally protected activity, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: Noble Corporation, Sugar Land , Global Payroll Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Sugar Land, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!